1. T & P Depot- 1101 North First Street, One of Abilene's most outstanding landmarks, the T&P Railroad Station was built in 1910. The construction of the Depot resulted from the efforts of local civic leaders to promote Abilene. The last passenger train left the Depot in March 1967 with only 39 passengers aboard.
Read more about the T&P's influence on the city at www.texaspacificrailway.org/history/abilenetx.html