Customer Service and Billing
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I arrange for NEW SERVICE or a TRANSFER OF SERVICE?
You can come to our office at
WHAT INFORMATION DO I NEED TO PROVIDE?
- Service Address - Where do you want the water service?
- Billing Address - Where do you want the bill sent?
- Your Phone Number
- Your Driver's License Number
- Your Social Security Number
HOW MUCH DOES A NEW OR TRANSFERRED CONNECTION COST?
- New Service: $25
- Transferred Service: $17.50
These charges will appear on your first bill.
HOW LONG WILL IT BE BEFORE I GET NEW WATER SERVICE?
We offer "Same Day Service" for requests received by 2:00PM…always…and at no extra charge!
DO I NEED TO BE THERE WHEN SERVICE IS CONNECTED?
- If your home or business already has water service, you don't need to be there.
- However, if water is off…you must be there so that you can watch for leaks or open faucets!
- If you're willing to risk it, you can complete a form which will relieve the Water Department from any liability for water damage. Then, you DON'T have to be there when we turn your meter on. Contact the billing office for more information.
HOW DO I ARRANGE FOR REPAIR SERVICE?
To report water leaks or sewer stops call 676-6000 24 hours a day…seven days a week. A real person will answer your call and friendly field staff will come to help.
HOW AND WHERE CAN I PAY MY BILL?
Call us at 676-6405 for information about this convenient payment method.
Mail your check to:
City of Abilene
P.O. Box 3479
Abilene, Texas 79604
Payment Drop Boxes:
Located for your convenience at:
Corner of N. 5th and Cypress
South of City Hall on N. 5th
Other Convenient Payment Locations
Ace Cash Express
3517 N 1st
620 Ambler Ave
3249 Ambler Ave
4101 Buffalo Gap Rd
3444 N 1st
Cash Savers Ace Hardware (Formerly Lawrence Brothers)
2160 Pine St
155 Sayles Blvd
WATER RATES AND SERVICE CHARGES
(These rates were put into effect October 1, 2013 and will be seen on water billing beginning November 2013.)